Cheap “Illicit White” Cigarettes Responsible for House Fire that Kills Three

From: BBC

Spalding house fire: Victims smoked illegal cigarettes while drinking heavily

 Six fire crews were sent to tackle the house fire, after which three bodies were found

Three men who died in a house fire were heavily intoxicated while smoking illegal cigarettes, an inquest has heard.

Cigarettes which do not comply with UK safety standards were found at the property

Emma Milligan, principal trading standards officer at Lincolnshire County Council, said: “The illegal cigarettes featured in this case failed to self-extinguish and were the most likely cause of the fire.

“It is sad to think people who buy ‘illicit whites’ think they are getting a bargain, not realising they are actually putting their lives at risk.”

Read Complete Article


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Please Answer: *