Counterfeit Russian cigarettes caused fatal flat blaze

Editor’s Note: See the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service video on the unique fire hazard of counterfeit cigaretttes here.

From: Burnley Express

A housebound Burnley man died in a fire after smoking counterfeit Russian cigarettes in bed.

James Thompson (57), of Kay Gardens, died from excessive burns after his bedding caught fire as he smoked a Russian Jin Ling cigarette.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service Watch Manager Neil Hardiman told an inquest the Russian cigarettes were not fitted with reduced ignition propensity, as was standard in British-made cigarettes, which would have prevented them from burning their entire length.

Read Complete Article


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Please Answer: *