On January 31 and February 1, in Seattle, Washington, the National Research Council held its second public meeting during the NRC’s review of scientific and technical issues related to the methods and assumptions used by EPA, NMFS and FWS in conducting scientific assessments and ecological risks from pesticides registered by EPA under FIFRA. At this meeting CropLife America submitted separate papers to the NRC on the following issues:
● use of the best avaialble science in a well-defined weight-of evidence framework;
● causal analysis;
● the state-of-the-art with respect to assessment of the combined effects of pesticide mixture and inert incgredients;
● the models used in risk assessments of pesticides;
● uncertainty anlysis and documentation; and
● use of geospatial information.
CLA’s letter transmitting and summarizing its issue papers is attached below