Rehberg, Rogers Ask GAO for Immediate Review of Bidding Program
Thanks to the efforts of the Big Sky Association of Home Medical Equipment Suppliers (Big Sky AMES) and VGM members, Appropriations Committee member Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) has joined with Appropriations Committee Chairman Harold Rogers (R-Ky.) to request that the Government Accountability Office (GAO) make and “immediate and comprehensive review” of the competitive bidding program.
In their letter Oct. 5 letter, the congressmen ask the GAO to consider and answer the following questions:
- What is the impact on beneficiary access to quality and timely services?
- What is the impact on jobs generally?
- What is the impact on job loss for small DME businesses?
- Should winning bidders be required to deliver products and services at their bid prices? Should retail pharmacies be included in NCB?
- Can NCB and the Affordable Care Act be synchronized?
- Is NCB consistent with the demonstration projects conducted by Health Care Financing Agency (HCFA), now CMS, in FL?
The letter further requests that the GAO consults with “all interested parties and stakeholders, including but not limited to CMS, State Health Departments, beneficiaries, DME dealers, DME manufacturers, the Institute of Medicine, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.”
Click here to view their letter.
Leave a reply