Guidance Documents of the Week
Editor’s Note: OIRA “has issued a directive to federal agencies requiring that all guidance documents be submitted to OMB before they are promulgated. … Of particular note are agencies that have issued guidance documents and never listed them on their website as directed by OMB in an earlier directive.” See The Resurrection of the Congressional Review Act.
This week we look at documents from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- A reminder that NARA has seven different guidance documents on how to handle emails and other records.
- A brochure to show the correct way to mark unclassified information in videos, images, and photography.
- A white paper by NARA for federal agencies to document their social media use.
- NASA’s out of date policy of counterintelligence and counter-surveillance.
- NASA has a plan for a drug free workplace.
- A guide from NASA on how “small business makes a big difference.”
- A guidance document on how to protect planets from the dangers of Mars rovers.
- NASA’s plans on how to dominate the real estate market.
- NASA’s policy for the care and protection of animals.
- Plans for disseminating information on our planetary doom (this one may need to be revisited in light of Trump potentially beating them to the punch on Twitter).