June 1 is the deadline for submitting abstracts to the Mares Conference, Marine Ecosystems Health and Conservation, 17-21 November 2014, Olhao, Portugal. This international and open conference will bring together scientists from different levels and disciplines to discuss and address main issues about marine ecosystems health and conservation. Six themes will be developed through the conference, and for each one a keynote speaker has been invited:
1. Future Oceans : temperature changes – hypoxia – acidification
2. Understanding biodiversity effects on the functioning of marine ecosystems : Lisa Levin<http://www.
3. Biological invasions: Gregory M. Ruiz<http://www.
4. Natural Resources : overexploitation, fisheries and aquaculture: Rainer Froese <http://www.maresconference.
5. Ocean noise pollution: Peter L. Tyack<http://www.
6. Habitat loss, urban development, coastal infrastructures and Marine Spatial Planning: Michael W. Beck<http://www.
Scientific and social programme are detailed here: http://www.maresconference.
Early bird Registrations are open: http://www.
Further information can be found on the website : www.maresconference.eu<http: