OMB Memo M-19-03 “Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Agencies by enhancing the High Value Asset Program”
From: Office of Management and Budget
This memorandum provides guidance on the enhancement ofthe High Value Asset (HV A) program operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), in coordination with the Office of Management and Budget (0MB). It outlines expectations for the following areas:
- Establishing Enterprise HVA Governance;
- Improving the Designation ofHVAs;
- Implementing Data-Driven HV A Prioritization;
- Increasing the Trustworthiness1 ofHVAs; • Protecting Privacy and HVAs; and
- Defining HVA Reporting, Assessment, and Remediation Requirements.
This memorandum consolidates and updates previous requirements from 0MB memorandum M16-04, Cybersecurity Strategy and Implementation Plan (CSIP) for the Federal Civilian Government, and OMB memorandum M-17-09, Management of Federal High Value Assets, and rescinds these memoranda in accordance with burden reduction guidance in 0MB memorandum M-17-26, Reducing Burden for Federal Agencies by Rescinding and Modifying 0MB Memorandum.