®: CRE Regulatory Action of the Week
Commerce Seeks Comment on Information Privacy and Innovation in the Internet Economy
On April 23, 2010, the U.S. Department of Commerce's Internet Task Force published Federal Register notice that it
The Task Force is comprised of several bureaus within Commerce. It seeks public comment on the following issues:
Comments are due June 2, 2010.
- The U.S. Privacy Framework Going Forward
- U.S. State Privacy Laws
- International Privacy Laws and Regulations
- Jurisdictional Conflicts and Competing Legal Obligations
- Sectoral Privacy Laws and Federal Guidelines
- New Privacy-Enhancing Technologies and Information Management Processes
- Small and Medium-Sized Entities and Startup Companies
- The Role for Government/Commerce Department
Commerce's Federal Register notice explains that the Task Force is conducting similar reviews of cybersecurity, global free flow of information goods and services, and online copyright protection issues.
Click here to read Task Force's Federal Register notice