Witnesses for the hearing are:
- The Honorable Howard A. Shelanski, Administrator, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
- Dr. Douglas Holtz-Eakin, President, American Action Forum
- Mr. Clyde Crews, Jr., Vice President for Policy, Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Dr. William Beach, Vice President for Policy Research, Mercatus Center
- Professor David M. Driesen, Esq., Professor of Law, Syracuse University College of Law
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Regulatory Reform, Commercial and Antitrust Law Subcommittee Chairman Tom Marino (R-Pa.) released the following statement prior to the hearing:
“Our nation is witnessing a runaway regulatory onslaught for which hardworking Americans are forced to cover the costs. Every new rule that is added to the 175,000-page Code of Federal Regulations only increases the regulatory burden on millions of Americans, with no end in sight. Within the Executive Branch, OIRA plays a key role in the approval of new regulations, especially major regulations. It is the responsibility of Congress to examine how we can put the brakes on the runaway regulatory system and take the burden of unnecessary regulation off the backs of the American people.”
The hearing will take place in 2226 Rayburn House Office Building and will be webcast live at https://judiciary.house.gov/. Camera crews wishing to cover must be congressionally credentialed and RSVP with the House Radio-TV Gallery at (202) 225-5214.
Click here to learn more about this hearing.