The U.S. Marine Mammal Commission held its annual meeting in May, 2014. The MMC has posted abstracts for presentations at this meeting, which was organized around five themes:
1) Understanding and managing the impacts of climate change and increased human activities;
2) Offshore energy development;
3) Marine mammal strandings—Maximizing their value for understanding ocean health, wildlife health, and connections to human health;
4) Marine mammal bycatch in U.S. and global fisheries; and
5) Issues associated with increasing marine mammal stocks.
Click here to read abstracts for the meeting presentations on these five themes.