The Impact of Competitive Bidding on Small Businesses in the Durable Medical Equipment Community
The President of the American Association for Homecare testified before Congress on the CMS competitive bidding rule.
The bid program as currently constituted:
• Eliminates approximately 90 percent of homecare providers in a marketplace;
• Lowers quality and access to care for seniors and people with disabilities;
• Reduces competition and limits choice by shutting out the majority of qualified providers;
• Ignores the fact that the home medical sector is the slowest-growing portion of Medicare;
• Fails to understand the reality of how home medical equipment and services are provided.
Complete Testimony is in the attachment hereto.