Competitive Bidding

I WORK FOR A DME COMPANY IN CLEVELAND, OHIO. FIRST AND FOREMOST, LET ME JUST SAY, WE HAVE ALOT OF EXCELLENT PATIENTS….AND DUE TO THIS COMPETITVE BIDDING, WE CHANCE OF NOT JUST CLOSING OUR DOORS AND BECOME JOBLESS, BUT SENDING OUR PATIENTS TO ANOTHER DME COMPANY WHO MAY NOT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE WHICH MAY FIT THIS PATICULAR PATIENT. THATS LIKE SAYING, WELL YOU HAVE A HEART ISSUE, BUT HERE IS A BRAIN SURGEON. AND WITH THE WAY THE ECONOMY IS, WOULDNT IT MAKE SENSE TO SET A MONTHLY FEE SCHEDULE AND GIVE THAT MONEY TO NEEDED EQUIPMENT FOR PATIENTS AND OR REPAIRS??? *****STOP COMPETITIVE BIDDING*****

One Response to “Competitive Bidding”

1. Judith M Szabolcs said:

Jun 23, 09 at 3:55 pm

I work for a locally owned dme company in Cleveland,Ohio, I see
    what the insurance companies pay to companies for equipment and
    supplies , it is absolutely ridiculous, we are already supplying equipment for almost nothing and the government wants to go even lower?
    This competitive bidding is not beneficial to anyone trully concerned only the government on their spending. You are jeopardizing the patients well being. This will make it harder and harder and more expensive for the patients (beneficiaries)
    to receive the dme equipment, supplies needed. The competive bidding will cause more and more companies to close their doors,but maybe that’s what the government is aiming for and then they can handle and deal with all the patients that are in need of medical attention. Medicare patients will be at the mercy of unqualified companies. If the government wants to cut down on spending they should first for most look in their own area. Not where it will hurt thousands and thousands of people that have special needs. This process of competitive bidding has to be stopped immediately.

Leave a Reply