This is why we have issues

All providers have been aware of this requirement for some time. Now here we are once again at the deadline and some in our industry are crying foul. When we start behaving proavtively this industy will be better off. If you are on the cry foul side are you politically involved, are you a member of a trade association etc. We must be proactive or we will all be watching a slow and painful death to an incredibly important industry. WAKE UP!

5 Responses to “This is why we have issues”

1. Anonymous said:

Sep 17, 09 at 2:28 pm

once again…nay sayers stating its our fault….we’ve waited….blah blah blah….where is the unity in that? IT IS NOT OUR FAULT IF WE’VE DONE EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER AND IT IS OR HAS BEEN OUT OF OUR HANDS!

WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NEGATIVE NANCY’S NOT UNDERSTAND?!

and this is an industry where we are helping people?!!!!!

2. Anonymous said:

Sep 17, 09 at 2:39 pm

Dear anonymous,

The unity should come from this industry being proactive, not crying about the rules which have been published for some time. Unity comes from getting involved with your local gov’t and trade associations to improve our business. Do you do those things? If we are aware of industry changes we must prepare our companies to adapt to them, this doesn’t mean that we don’t fight for our beneficiaries or our companies, it DOES however mean that if sticking your head in the sand and hoping for someone to come in and help is your business plan then the future is going to prove to be challenging. I would prefer to have an industry of strong proactive providers that can work to change the perception of this business from SCAM artist to one of medical professionals providing an important and necessary service to our clients. We must remember that providing good service is important but we must also have good business practices that ensure our survival and allow us to provide these important services. My heart goes out to fellow Providers who are caught in the backlog but not if you did it to yourself.

3. Jerry said:

Sep 17, 09 at 2:51 pm

“WAKE UP” you say. If you were paying attention, all of these companies have done thier part and are waiting to be inspected, Some for over a year. So it’s completely reasonable to call “FOUL”. It’s not our fault there is a shortage of accreditation companies. WISE UP!

4. Anonymous said:

Sep 17, 09 at 4:48 pm

Jerry,

As an industry advocate and active participant in the process I would say that I have done my part to pay attention. The accreditation bodies as well as CMS practically begged this industry to be proactive and what was the response? I’ll get accredited when I get around to it, or I’m too busy to do this now. We are all in the same boat and we all have had to play by the same rules, I do not like them any more than you do but they are what they are.

If you have been in the process for OVER a year I feel for you and it is deplorable that this is happening; but that is not the reality of the problem at this point. Perhaps we should all Wise Up Jerry.

5. Anonymous said:

Sep 21, 09 at 2:37 pm

Wise up Wake up or how ever you would like to put it. Can anyone please tell me the amount of patients whish will go without service because of this deadline. Providers have been in the process months and are just waiting for the results or survey.
    Our HME commuinty has come under attack for some time now and we need to stand together. We can not let them pick away at our industry while we turn against one another. For all who made the deadline congrats, good for you! But there will be a day when you need the HME commuinty to stand behind you because this is not going away.

Leave a Reply