QUICK SURVEY QUESTION….(CURIOSITY IS HAUNTING ME!)

WHAT NOW? WE ARE IN THE SURVEY “QUE” WHICH MEANS ACTUALLY NOTHING TO ME, EXCEPT THAT THERE IS NO WAY WE WILL BE SURVEYED IN TIME. PURE SADNESS. NOTHING TO DO WITH CMS OR CONGRESSIONAL MANDATES…BUT ACCREDITING AGENCY INTERNAL DEADLINES…..EVERYONE DEADLOCKED, SHUT OUT AND POTENTIALLY DEVASTATING MY SMALL COMPANY NOT TO MENTION OUR INDUSTRY! WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO CARE FOR THESE PEOPLE IN NEED?!

MY QUESTION….WHAT NOW?

I AM INCREDIBLY TORN BY WHAT TO DO NEXT….HANGING BY A THREAD ISN’T THE MOST SOUND BUSINESS DECISION BUT THE ALTERNATIVES AREN’T PARTICULARLY SOUND EITHER.

SURRENDER MY NUMBER = LOSS OF REVENUE, DOWN SIZING, CLOSING THE DOORS, CLIENT ABANDONMENT?

THEN THERES THE “WHAT IF…IF I SURRENDER” = HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE MY ACCREDITATION COMPANY TO SURVEY EVERYONE IN THE “QUE,” BECOME ACCREDITED AND PRAY THAT MEDICARE RE-ESTABLISHES US SOONER THAN LATER BEFORE WE CAN’T SUSTAIN ANY LONGER (IF WE MAKE IT THAT FAR?)

IF WE SURRENDER NOW, WHAT IF THERE IS AN EXTENSION…

WHAT IF THE CMS855 IS COMPLETED WRONG AND THEY DENY THE RIGHT TO SURRENDER MY NUMBER?

IS ANYONE ELSE FACING THESE QUESTIONS????

I CAN’T GET THROUGH TO NSC TO ASK QUESTIONS – THEIR NUMBER HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED FOR WEEKS….(866) 238-9652.

PLEASE COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS….

One Response to “QUICK SURVEY QUESTION….(CURIOSITY IS HAUNTING ME!)”

1. Anonymous said:

Sep 21, 09 at 2:45 pm

My organization has been in contact with both CMS, NSC, and CRE. From what we have gathered. You must submitt an 855-S form so that you do not get your number revoked for 1 to 3 years. You need to have it in before October 1, 2009 so you should send it this week. Now if the deadline goes through the NSC has stated that you will need to send a certified letter stating you will not need to revoke your Medicare number. We have been trying to get as much information to help our providers, you shoulc also call your congressman and ask for a status report.

Leave a Reply