Tied up in the accreditation process for 7 months

HME Sales & Service, Inc. dba HME Medical has been tied up in the accreditation process for 7 months. We have been ready for inspection, and were just informed by the accreditation company (ACHC) that there may not be enough time for them to inspect, review, and process our accreditation in time for the deadline.

HME medical feels that it would be very unfair for us to loose our Medicare billing privileges through no fault of ours. Business is bad enough and for us to lose Medicare billing privileges would put us totally “out of business”.

The fairer thing to do, of course, would be to extend the deadline for all companies that are awaiting inspection and are in the full process of accreditation.

We sincerely appreciate our dilemma be forwarded to the proper channel
and appreciate that someone is acting on our behalf.

One Response to “Tied up in the accreditation process for 7 months”

1. Anonymous said:

Sep 14, 09 at 5:28 pm

We also are tied up at this point.

I made a call to my accrediting company (HQAA) and posed this question…”If we were surveyed on September 16th (just to throw a date out there) and we passed with flying colors…would we be accredited in time?” the answer…”I can’t promise you.” PLEASE READ BELOW…TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM HQAA WEBSITE!

Following acceptance of the follow-up report, the organization’s accomplishments are brought before a formal review committee for approval of the accreditation award. HQAA notifies all customers within 24 hours that their award has been approved.

Enough said!

What happened to the all out RAMPING UP efforts of staff and surveyors to ensure accreditation in time as long as you met the January deadline?!!!!

July 13, 2009
    NOTIFICATION
    Applications for accreditation received after February 1, 2009 will have their survey and accreditation decisions rendered after October 1, 2009.

CMS…please listen and please help!

Leave a Reply