Digest of Federal Resource Laws of Interest to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife
Water Resources Development Act of 1990
Water Resources Development Act of 1990 [33 U.S.C. 2201; P.L. 101-640, November
28, 1990; 104 Stat. 4604 (Additional citations found in Title 33 include 59bb;
426e; 460d; 1252; 1268; 2213; 2232; 2239; 2309; 2314; 2316; 2317; 2318l 2319;
2320; 2321; 2322; and 2324.)] -- This statute authorized the construction of 25
new water resources projects and modified 31 projects previously authorized.
Provisions in this Act also amended section 1135 of the 1986 Act to make
permanent the authorization for environmental improvements at existing projects.
Additional provisions include:
- Incorporating environmental protection as one of the missions of the Army
Corps of Engineers;
- Deauthorization of the Florida Barge Canal;
- Extension of the authorization for the Upper Mississippi River program for
an additional 5 years;
- Congressional reporting requirements regarding the implementation of the
Federal wetlands delineation manual;
- Establishing a new interim goal for the Corps water resources program of
"no overall net loss of the Nation's remaining wetland base as defined by
acreage and function" and a long-term goal "to increase the quality and
quantity of the Nation's wetlands"; and
- Authorization of habitat enhancement activities at Pyramid Lake.
Return to List of Resource
Go to Wildlife Laws Home Page